Monday, March 15, 2004

The seeds are out

Well for the first time since 1996, my alma mater, the University of Central Florida, has been invited back to the NCAA Tournament. We will be entering in as a 14 seed and going up against number 3 seed Pittsburg. Finally...something in UCF athletics to get excited about. Hopefully they'll make it through the first round and then things might get interesting.

On another note, at the Yankees/Braves game on Saturday, it was a little upsetting that barely any of the starters played. The Braves came on without their starting 3rd baseman, 1st baseman, and an outfielder, to name a few, and the Yankees were no different. Now it wasn't a big deal to me at all, still a really good game, but I felt bad for those kids who come so pumped to see these guys and they didn't play. Jeter just watched from the dugout the whole time while kids yelled and screamed for him. What's the point of that? Can't he even play for just an inning? I did get to see Braves closer John Smoltz come in for an inning and close out the 6th perfectly, so that was cool. Of course the highlight of the whole game was when the "special" boy in the wheelchair behind me coughed up part of a hotdog bun and it landed on my foot...can't beat that, gosh I love sports.

No comments: