Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Death to trucker hats

Well I read a little comment in a magazine yesterday made by JC Chasez (an Nsync'er turned solo, for those of you who dont know). Anyways, JC was commenting on Clay Aiken and his new album. I can't recall the quote exactly but it went something like "I'm not trying to be down on the guy, but I dont think I can take another Clay Aiken album"--except I think that sounds nicer than what he actually said. I'm not really a fan of the music of either of these two guys, but I do know one thing---if you're own music sucks, you shouldnt be out talking about how bad somebody elses' is. Has anyone heard the lyrics of the new JC songs? They are revolting and I really can't believe that whoever wrote them, is actually getting paid for it. examples:

"So many beautiful young people
That game is lethal, you don't have to kill them though"

and yet another-

"All day long I dream about sex
And all night long I think about sex
And all the time I think about sex with you"


Now Ive heard tons of bad lyrics before, but they are normally coupled with a good beat that distracts you, case in point, Britney. The thing about JC is that the beat sucks, the lyrics suck, and he really just sounds like some horny perv in all his songs. He isnt even cute anymore, what happened? He suddenly went from clean cut pop idol to nasty trucker roadkill. Those trucker hats should all be collected and burned.

This brings me to another thought. Justin Timberlake in movies. I think this could be interesting. His first real movie debut is going to be in "Edison" which is set to come out next year. This could either be really good for him or really bad. I remember watching some cheezy Disney movie with him in it years ago and he was just awful. You know how Chandler on Friends gets when he is suppose to be acting "serious" and it ends up just looking really gay, well thats how he was. Then again, that was a long time ago and he has certainly grown up. Plus with a cast of actors like Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey behind you, I would think failure would be a little further out of reach.

No comments: