Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Call me

I watched that Heidi Fleiss movie last night starring Jamie-Lynn DiScala as Madame Heidi. I had no expectations coming in to this but I thought that Jamie did a pretty good job portraying her. I dont know about anyone else who watched it, but if the goal of this flick was to turn anyone off to the lifestyle of a big time prostitute/madame...I dont think it really worked. I think the movie made the whole thing seem like not that big of a deal and actually pretty glamorous. I know they added in the coke snorting and all that to show some "life going down the tubes" drama, but I think overall it pretty much showed her life being all lollipops and gummy bears. I never really gave Heidi Fleiss a second thought, but I came out of the movie thinking she was kind of badass. Of course what they didnt show was her life in prison in which she described as "going in as Barbie and coming out as G.I. Joe"....but thats probably part of the movie I wouldnt want to see anyways. I think I am still scarred from the prison rape in American History X. As far as this movie being something that USA network can air...they pushed the envelope as far as the sex scenes, but I think it was fun to see Jamie in a slutty role- diversity in acting is good in my book. I'm still surprised that Heidi never "named names". I actually think its pretty cool of her. I can only imagine who's in that little black book.

No comments: