Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Just when you thought you were safe....from rejection

A couple of things to know before this post:

1) highschool was gay and I pretty much dont talk to anyone I went to school with except a select few that I am still friends with

2)in highschool, even though I had the same boyfriend for half of it, I had a huge crush on this guy named Will for all 4 yrs

3)a friend of mine that I went to highschool with,Simon, whom I talk to now and then, just recently found out about this crush, and happens to be close with Will

So tonight Simon im's me and asks me if I want to talk to Will...and Im pretty surprised by all this and wondering whats going on--I havent seen or talked to Will in years. He then tells me Will is single and then sends me a chat invite. So I accept, then Will enters the chat and Simon goes "ok, talk to you guys later" and leaves. Ok wtf? We were both obviously thrown into this so we kind of dont know what to say. So of course the general pleasantries are exchanged and I surprise myself by starting to feel the giddyness I use to feel for him. So we are chatting and then he hits me with...."well it was really nice talking to you, but I have a huge test on Thursday and I need to study, lets keep in touch though". YEAH, mmhmm, test my ass. Is it possible I just got dissed by my highschool crush when I am 24 yrs old? Is that even allowed? It is very possible he did have to study, he is in pharmacy school, but come on....15 min into the convo, gimme a break. So in summation, just when you think all the highschool crush/rejection shit is over, it comes back to bite you in the ass---just in case you forgot how shitty it felt the first time.

*If I could wish for it to be any night tonight I would want it to be that Family Feud/Jeopardy night at Vintage on the Green--good friends, good wine. I miss college.

No comments: