Wednesday, March 24, 2004

All commercials should star Raoul

Old Navy officially makes the worst commercials EVER. Nothing inspires me to strangle something as much as those stupid people flilly flallying around in their stupid knit pullovers. "Well you boys are a 20" baaaaaaaaaaaarf, and then the stupid faces those twin guys make. Even if I was a desperate actress, an Old Navy commercial would come as a last resort to earn income. I'd rather do one of those std commercials. In my opinion these commercials are reversely effective. I hate them so much I refuse to buy anything Old Navy. The weird thing is, no matter how much I hate these commercials, I am almost compelled to watch them when they come on, even if it's just to stare in utter disbelief.

On a positive note, my most favorite commercial ever is that Gap commercial for the broken-in jeans, starring the sexiest man alive, Raoul Bova. Its the one where he keeps changing his shirt but not his jeans and keeps collapsing onto the bed as they are playing that "tempted by the fruit of another" song. I cant find clips of that commercial anywhere and Gap has taken it down off their site. However, I just saw his new commercial the other day, and he is just, well, I think this clip(tv ads- stressfree khakis) says it all.

No comments: