Tuesday, June 01, 2004

What a weekend...

Ok, so I am back from what was a very fun and very exhausting road trip. Six states in 2 days will wear you out! We left Chicago mid afternoon on Saturday and made it back into Melbourne Sunday night at around 8:30 --not bad at all. The first day we completely killed ourselves driving from Illinois to GA, and not stopping until 3am. We took the Chattanooga, Tenn exit hoping to find a hotel room, but came to find out every freaking hotel was full. "No Vacancy" signs adorned every lobby door. What the hell could be happening in Chattanooga that every room was full? I mean we knew it was Memorial Day weekend, but still, Chattanooga? We came across a hotel that had an empty parking lot, so we figured we were good and went into the lobby where we met Freak #67 of our trip. I dont know if this guy was slow or just nuts, but either way we were too tired to listen to him. He told us they didnt have a room but a place one exit up did. Ann spoke with the lady from that hotel on the phone while I had to sit and listen to a lecture from him on why I should be a Chicago Bears fan. Listen buddy, its 3am, Im tired and I could care less about the stupid Bears, just give me a freaking room. He had all kinds of questions for me too--why were we leaving Chicago, why was Ann moving back to FL, was she "doing this on purpose"? What the heck does that mean? After Ann got off the phone she asked for a piece of paper to write down that other hotels phone number on--where he then replied with "Oh.....you girls got a cell phone?- because you cant pull over off the interstate and make a call". No shit. What a nutbar. He then wanted to give us direction to the hotel even though we had them already from the lady. He told us to go back where we came for one exit, and then he said to make a left here and a right there, etc etc. Since the lady said the hotel was right off the exit we had no idea where this guy was trying to send us, probably to some shack where him and his cousin would jump us. Well we walked out of there and decided there was no way we were listening to his directions, and just decided to keep going until we hit GA. We got back on the road after stopping at a "weigh station" in which we saw truckers walking around in their full flannel pj's-- and they looked a little too exicted to see 2 youngs girls pull up. We decided we would rather get a ticket than weigh our truck with these characters around (keep in mind its now 3am), so we kept on trucking. We finally crossed the Tenn/Ga state line and found a place pretty easily. We slept for like 6 hours and then got back on the road. The rest of the trip was a breeze. 23 hours total. I swear if we saw one more field of corn we were going to lose it. God Bless Florida.

On another note, for those of you who seem interested....
Much to my surprise, the guy from work txt msgmd me on Sunday while we were on the road asking if I had plans for the day. So I called him back and we chatted for a few. Now, back in the office today,we chatted a bit, and he is taking me to this really nice Hawaiian Fusion restaurant and then to a movie....Tonight. Yikes. It was suppose to be for Thursday, but we figured why not tonight? So yeah, Im a little freaked, but excited. I am assuming this is now considered not just 2 co-workers going to dinner, but an actual date...I could be wrong though. And yes, I still dont know if he has a gf still(back in February he did)--but I would like to assume no. I figure there is no point in asking until the situation turns "romantic".

I'm going in with no expectations so I cant lose right? Anyways, Ill update tomorrow on how it goes.

No comments: