Monday, June 21, 2004

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

So first I must say that the Dashboard/Get Up Kids/Thrice concert Friday night was so freaking good. Like REALLY good. We missed the opening band, but where there just in time to see the Get Up Kids who put on an impressive performance. During their performance we started seeing all of these weird punk kids all dressed in black with ultra greasy hair start to border the outside of the main floor at the House of Blues. Well we soon realized that this "preparing" was for THRICE, who was up next to perform. Now I had never heard of them, but since they were accompanying DC and Get Up Kids, I figured the music would be along the same lines. WRONG. This was straight up hard core. As the Get Up Kids were leaving the stage all of these insane kids prepared themselves to start a moshpit for the opening song from Thrice. Grrreeeat. Just what I want in an already hot and crowded place, a mosh pit. Ive never actually seen one except for tv, but thats enough to let me know that all moshpitters are insane.

Well Thrice took the stage and for about 45 minutes we were pushed from side to side as stupid mosh pit freaks ran around bumping into people like maniacs. I do have to say that Thrice did have a few really good songs, but the majority was just too heavy for me.

Then it was time for Dashboard..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Well yea, Chris Carrabba looked more hot than I could ever imagine possible. His voice was remarkable and just everything blew me away. He kept dedicating songs and referring to some "Sophie" girl who I now secretly wish would die. He did about 22 songs, which was great, and they were from all different albums. I finally got to hear how everyone sings along at his concerts and it really was great. You could hear him perfectly over everyone and just seeing his eyes light up as we all sung his lyrics, and that smile of his, well, it was priceless.

In other musical news, if you are a lover of classical music and open to a mix of classical meets pop, I highly recommend an album by BOND called "Classified". Don't be fooled by their popstar looks, they play very well and really get into their music. For anyone who is a violin freak, like me, you will love this album. Some songs (maybe 2 or 3) are a little pop-ish for my taste, but most of the songs are a great mix. Listen to "Senorita", #12, its my favorite. I'll try and put a link up to download later.

No comments: