Wednesday, June 09, 2004

2 clicks away from a straightjacket

You know those little stressballs people keep at work? Yea I could use about 450 of them right now. I have been looking for decent airfare from Orlando to NYC for the end of this month and the whole process makes me want to rip something apart. I was overloaded with shitty fares yesterday so I waited another day. To my surprise, I found RT airfare for $140 but by the time I hit the "submit/pay" button, the fare had changed. It would be one thing if this had only happened once, but it has happened to me THREE times just today. My flight times are kind of strictly set so I know I shouldn't expect much, but thats never stopped me before. The part that drives me mad is that its all this one Delta flight. No matter what site I am on, and trust me I have been on every site there is, its the same Delta flight that I am trying to get. I even tried calling Delta to see if they could work out something for me. Riiight. The lady tried to tell me that the current lowest market rate for my trip is $230 RT. Thats bullshit lady, there are about 20 other sites that have fares falsifying that statement.

The worst part is that I am now on this crazy mission to obtain this prized flight at the lowest possible fare, even if it is in exchange for my sanity. Its not that I am cheap, its just that this is game to me now that I have to win. Now that I have seen some fares in the $140 range I cant bring myself to buy the $170++ tickets, even though I know they will soon disappear. Its a sick addiction. Adam told me I better buy the $170 tickets while I can, and I gave him my whole "it might go lower" speech. Twenty minutes later I am now staring at fares in the $190 range. Somebody shoot me.

No comments: