Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Insanity and the City

So I'm back from NYC and am actually starting to a feel a little bit rested up. It was a really great trip, but unfortunately, no apartment. Since we decided this trip was just preliminary, we will be back again in a few weeks for the real deal. Can you feel the pressure radiating off of me? Aside from having no luck with apartments, my love for NYC was definitely reaffirmed. What an awesome place. We decided we will be calling the West Village "home" (hopefully) after spending a few days wandering aimlessly through it. We were so lucky that we had this awesome penthouse to stay in while we were there, which definitely made the trip feel more like a vacation. We also ended up meeting some new friends at this random bar one night. Its funny how when you think its just going to be a quiet night....you find yourself laughing it up with some new friends at 5am. A nice surprise.

In other news, "Laura the freak magnet" strikes again.
For those of you who don't know, I seem to attract all kinds of weirdos, and I dont mean like guy weirdos, just weirdos in general. Maybe I am too nice to people, I dont know, but for some reason this always happens to me. The case today is from a lady I have been emailing back and forth with who lives in NY. We have been emailing because she expressed interest in renting my apartment here in Orlando. Nothing weird about that....yet. Anyways, even though we have spoken through numerous emails, she still very much wants to talk to me over the phone, which I guess I could understand, but due to my schedule lately, this has been impossible. Well, she pretty much emails me everyday, so I finally said, why don't you just ask me the questions you have online...because the phone thing isnt working. I started then to realize that I dont even think she has any questions at all.

She emailed me twice just this morning so I finally responded back and told her to just sign on aol and she can just IM me her questions, etc about the apartment. So she does.......

DEAR GOD WHAT A MISTAKE.

She starts off by saying that I had been on her buddy list, but she doesn't know how or why. Umm, ok. Does she talk about the apartment? No, of course not, that would be NORMAL. She starts going on and on about this little old lady that she loves and talks to out in Queens, where she lives. So I endulge this banter and respond as much as I can, but hello, I'm at work, and she knows that. Anyways, she seriously goes on about how she wants to get this lady to move with her to FL and how this lady thinks shes great, blah blah blah. Then she proceeds to tell me that she is really interested in a 2 bedroom. WHAT THE FUCK. So I ask her "Umm, you know my apartment is a 1 bedroom right?". She responds with "Of course". HUH? Of Course? So anyways, she finally comes around and says, "well im sure you are busy at work, so can you call me later tonight to talk?". Ok, at this point I am getting that queasy feeling like she is a total nutbar. I pipe in and say "I dont mean to be rude, but if you arent interested in my apartment, then why do you want me to call you?". She responds, "To talk about FL and stuff. I feel like you are my little sister". Ohhhh my God, honestly? So then she totally ignores the fact that I said that I am busy and need to go and keeps on talking about how I would love this little old lady and other pointless crap like how far she lives from her mailbox. So finally I said, as nicely as I could, that I dont want to tell her Im going to call her because my schedule is really busy these days, but if she would like to ask me any questions about FL online, that she could send me an IM. Well she seemed happy with that I guess, and everything seemed on the verge of normal, until she closed out our conversation with:
"TTYL Sis"

Yep, so is my life. Is it wrong to drink at work?

No comments: