Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Clue me in

I dont watch ER religiously, but its one of those shows that you can turn on and pretty much always get a good episode. I read this morning that the actress who plays Dr. Corday was not resigned to her contract after 7 years I think. Apparently she was told that she is one of the older "uninteresting" characters. As much as I like the new younger characters, they could never replace the original cast who kept dropping like flies over the years. After this the only person I will even recognize from the "beginning" will be Noah Wyle. I'm not quite sure why producers assume that everyone wants a younger cast. Their excuse is that "older characters arent as interesting". Umm, pardon me but don't we have writers that make these characters "interesting". Sounds like a lame excuse. When they decide to get rid of Dr. Carter, I think it will be time to boycott.

On a different note...somebody clue me in here. When I go to the gym I always see men lift weights, but not just regular amounts of weights. These guys load up the weights so much that they can only do like one lift/movement/whatever. I dont get this, yet I see it all the time. Like this morning, I watched this guy get on this ab machine. He set the weight bar to like 125. Then he struggled with all his might to do one crunch, with the weights barely lifting. He found it in himself to do 2 more crunches and then got off the machine looking all satisfied with himself. Ok, why do you guys do that? It cant help you very much, even if it is a gazillion pounds--its still 3 crunches. Its funny because guys and girls seem to have totally different work out styles, so I have seen anyways. The girls seem highly motivated, hopping from one machine to the next never really pausing but to grab some water. The guys on the other hand do a set or 2 on the machines, then they sit there and meditate for 20 minutes watching the tv or just looking around. I guess it will forever be a mystery to me. I dont know about anyone else, but I am all about getting in, working out, and getting out. I can watch TV at home.

No comments: