Friday, June 04, 2004

It's a Wonderful Life

So I am 25 today, and its really not as freaky as I had previously thought a few years ago. I use to think, "holy crap, 25! If I dont have a boyfriend and a career, etc by then, that wil be awful!". Sooo not the case at all. I think it could very well be the best year of my life thats coming up. Its amazing to think that 1/4 of my life has already been lived, and for a second it seems like there is not much left...but then I think about all of the amazing things I have experienced and all of the wonderful people I have met, just in these 25 years. I realize that its just the beginning, and that some of the best things life can bring- marriage, children, new friends--is just around the corner.

I have always been keen on never settling, for anything- love, career, success. I think everyone needs to understand that we all deserve the best. We all deserve to be in love, like REALLY in love, and with someone who loves you back. We all deserve a job that makes us get out of bed in the morning with enthusiasm, not dread. Most of all, we deserve to be happy and fulfilled in our lives. Its all in our hands, every bit of it.

I'll leave you with a few of my favorite quotes on life. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and have a great weekend :)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

Mahatma Gandhi

"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as if everything is."


Albert Einstein

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life
that count. It's the life in your years.”


Abraham Lincoln

No comments: