Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Probably more than you cared to know

Well its Day 2 of me being the only one from my department that is here. You would think this silent environment would be conducive to work. It probably would be in most cases, just not this one. All I can think of right now is sleep. Sleep and a back massage. I really have to get on of those soon because all of my old dance injuries combined with working out and whatever else I throw at my body has really taken its toll on my back. The only thing is, I dont want to pay some crazy amount. I wanted to get it done at the place I get my hair done, that is until I met the masseuse. He is a perfectly nice guy, maybe even somewhat attractive, but he gives me that weirdo vibe. It probably all started when I went to get my hair done one day. He popped in, apparently his appt. had been cancelled, and he plops down next to me and asks me if I ever had a foot massage. First thought, eww. Second thought, there is no way this guy is touching my feet. Well, before I knew it he had slipped off my shoes and was putting oil all over my feet. I have to admit it felt great, but the way he looked at me while he did it freaked me out. Then of course he went on and on about how he would give me a discount for a full body massage, blah blah. Right, not gonna happen buddy.

What is it about guys in certain positions that make me feel weird? The main ones I can think of are: gyno's (of course),dentists, and now this weird masseuse guy. Gyno's of course are obvious. Its not a paranoia thing, I would just rather have a woman do it. Now if I had to choose btw a guy gyno and a lesbian gyno.....I'd probably still choose the woman. The dentist is another one. Maybe its how close his face gets to yours while your mouth is wide open, I dont know. Just not a fan of much older men having their faces 2 inches from mine. As for the masseuse, I think (and this sounds bad, but its the truth) I would have to have a really hot guy, or a woman do it. The way I figure is, this guy is hot, and most likely has some hot girlfriend, so he doesnt need to fantasize about anything while he is massaging me.

Oh dear God, its only 1:30.
PS- I'm a dork and I found this site that I thought was pretty cool. Maybe you've already seen it, but its a search engine that only pulls from blogs. Kinda neat. TECHNORATI

No comments: