Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Papa dont preach- no golf stuff this year

It's only 11am and I am already hungry. Ever since I started working out in the morning I have been ravenous all day. Plus, it doesnt help that some people start heating up their lunches here at around 10:30. I think the craving I have right now is for a Dunkin Donuts bagel with cream cheese. Yum. Thanks to my friend Sara who eats this for breakfast everyday, my lovely cereal breakfast has lost its luster.

Well it's that time of year again...Father's Day. So far, its just like every other year,because I have no idea what to get him. Why is it that when you ask a parent what they would like for a birthday or christmas, etc, that they always name something that would cost you like $6. "I could use another pair of black socks"...umm, right Dad, I don't think so. When in your adult life does one stop being greedy? If you asked me right now what I want for my birthday next year I could tell you easy peasy, and so could a lot of people I am sure. Maybe its a parent thing. Or maybe its one of those "say what you dont mean" things. Maybe they do want all kinds of stuff, but just can't bear to ask for it? I dont know. I've resulted to threats. I've gotten to the point where I have to say "Ok Mom, I'm not going to settle for the 'I dont need anything' excuse, or the 'why dont you just weed my garden, that would be nice' copout for a gift. I am going to buy you something nice, so you may as well give me an idea of what you want". My mom seems to have caught on and was all ready for us this past Mother's Day. My father however, is taking baby steps, but steps nonetheless. I actually think he is just terrified at the thought of receiving anything "golf" again. This year he said he could use some new cologne. Ok, finally something I can get. Or can I? What the heck do I know about men's cologne? I know there are a couple of colognes I like, one in particular, but thats because it reminds me of a certain guy....and I definitely don't want my dad wearing a scent that reminds me of sex. Wow, that thought solved my hunger problem.

Anyways, if any of you have any suggestions on a nice cologne for a dad, please share. I don't want to show up at the mall not knowing what the heck I am looking for and walk out with a $100 bottle of something that smells like Windex. As soon as I walk in and the salesperson asks what I am looking for and I say "I'm not sure"...its all over.

No comments: