Friday, June 18, 2004

Laura Carrabba....yea, that sounds nice

So I am sitting here, at the beginning of what is scheduled as a 3 hour conference call, and I'm about 20 minutes in and already completely bored with the speaker. He is actually probably discussing something rather interesting, I just dont have the attention span for it, at least not today.

So this girl came from NYC yesterday to check out my apartment. She came with her aunt to look at the place and I must say they just went crazy for it. She started to describe her current studio in NYC and it was an expected shock to my system. She was talking about having like less than 1 foot of counterspace, no oven,no dishwasher, 2 burners, and to top this all off...this kitchen "center" is all enclosed by these big plastic doors...like some closet. YIKES. Then again, she was living alone, and in a less than $1000 a month studio in Washington Heights. So anyways,that just got me thinking. I mean I know that my new place is going to be TOTALLY different than my place here, but now I'm starting to wonder exactly how shitty it will be. Perhaps "kitchenette behind a wall of plastic" shitty?...I hope not. It figures that I would have the nicest apartment I have ever had right before I move into what will quite possibly be the shittiest apartment I ever have. Funny how my life works, but I'm not complaining.

Tonight is the Dashboard Confessional/Get Up Kids/Thrice concert and I'm really excited. I've been listening to them (with the exception of Thrice) for a few years now, but have yet to attend a concert. Most likely I will be totally in love with Chris Carrabba again, not that it ever really stopped. How can one man be so perfect? Its kind of nice knowing what your dreams for the next week will be about.

No comments: