Wednesday, May 05, 2004

You want a piece of me? You got itttttt!!!

I forgot to mention in Monday's post how good the Seinfeld show was this past Saturday. He was really hilarious, as always, and I also got to see Carol Leifer, a comic/writer/producer and the real life inspiration for Seinfeld's "Elaine"- and since Elaine is pretty much my idol- that was pretty cool.

The one thing I didn't enjoy about the night was that there were actually hecklers in the crowd. Ive been to stand-up shows before, and there are always one or two- but I guess I just never expected anyone to do it to Jerry. This lady in the front row would just spurt out these random things during his act like "youve got no idea Jerry!!!" and other stupid things like that, completely interrupting what Jerry was saying. What amazes me is how comedians can keep their cool and not lose their place. He eventually had to tell her to "shut up" and after that she was pretty much done. There was also this other guy in the upper bowl section that would just yell out random stuff, but REALLY yell out. Jerry was asked right before he left to do a "hello Neuman"...so as he was preparing for it and just about to open his mouth, the dumbass from the upper bowl yells out "Helllooooo Neuman!!!!!" in an effort to drown out Seinfeld's voice. Well lucky for him, Jerry had hesitated before delivering the catch phrase and we were all able to hear him say it. If that guy would have ruined it for all of us I would have been more than willing to join the group that would jump him in the parking lot.

No comments: