Monday, May 10, 2004

BINGO!

Well this past weekend I did what every 24 year old girl does on a Saturday night- I worked the church bingo. Yea, my sister Lisa and I got roped into "volunteering" there in place of my dad who was originally signed up to do it- but since we are such good children, we gave him a break and went instead. I wouldn't have minded this so much when it was first suggested if it wasnt 4 hours long- but we went along our merry way anyway. Well when we got there the night took a turn for the interesting when we saw a completely HOT guy that was going to be working with us. Lisa went up to him and gave him a hug and then he asked me how I was doing- all the while I was thinking "who the hell is this?" and "holy crap you are hot". Well it turned out he was a guy from Lisa's class back when they went to grade school together. I hadnt even recognized him and I had known him and his family very well when we were all younger. It is amazing how some people change, even though he was always one of those little boys that you just know is going to be good looking when he is older. So that definitely made the night more fun.

Lisa and I were kind of freaked when we first got there. Some of these bingo players are hard core and will get real pissed if you interrupt their game. For instance- here are a few things we encountered:

- many, many little "good luck" items such as trolls, pictures, you name it

- some really fiesty old ladies telling other ladies to "SHUT UP!!" if they were chatting a little too loud

-people getting pissy if you gave them popcorn when they didnt want it

-some lady asking me why the church isnt giving out flowers after the masses this Sunday....umm do I have "church administration" on my forehead?

-the bingo announcer telling me he wants to train me to "call the numbers" --haha yea right they would rip me apart

All in all, it wasnt a bad night at all, except for leaving the church hall smelling like chili dogs and coffee. It made made me feel good to do something like that and a little guilty for kind of whining about it before we left. But the little old bingo ladies who looked at us like we were just the best girls in the world for volunteering..well that made those 4 hours well worth it.

No comments: