Thursday, May 13, 2004

I'll take two tickets please, in exchange for my left kidney

I cannot even believe how exspensive theme park tickets are these days. I'm taking my little sister to Universal's Islands of Adventure next weekend and the tickets are now $55 a person. That's crazy. I mean it would be one thing if it was all inclusive, including a meal or something, but judging by the amount of money Ive spent there in the past, one meal comes to around $12 a person--and thats at one of those burger places- not a restaurant. Wow I am the queen of run-on sentences.

Anyways, doesnt anyone remember when Disney or Universal tickets were like $30? Man that was nice. By the time I have kids I dont even want to think what it will cost to take the family to Disney. Every theme park has risen in price except one... and that's Wet 'N Wild. I guess you cant really count it as a theme park, but with all of the discounts they give to FL residents, plus the discount I get at work, a ticket comes to like $12. I get a discount at Universal too, not that it helps much, but I guess its better than nothing.

I am actually really excited to take her there. I just thought it was about time she rode a real rollercoaster, I thinks shes going to love it. I rode my first one when I was 8, I'll never forget it. We were at Busch Gardens and it was called "The Scorpion". It might even still be there, havent been in a while. My poor dad had to go on all of these with me since I was too young to go alone and no one else wanted to go. What a good dad. After that ride on the scorpion my dad took a mini hiatus from rollercoasters with me...aparently I was grabbing his leg on the ride,holding on for dear life, and didnt realize I was pulling out all his leg hairs.

No comments: