Monday, May 10, 2004

Ok, so I'm a sneaky little terd

Ok so all of you know about my whole Fordham drama going on and how I am still waiting to get a letter. Well, I was thinking this morning that maybe I could write an email to the guy that interviewed me and was helping me in this whole process. In the email, since my letter was mailed 10 days ago, I would think that HE would think I would know by now. So I was going to play it coy and just say thanks for all his help and that I am so glad the admissions process is finally over---but very clear to not mention whether or not I got my letter. Then I added that if we "ever meet" that I would take him to lunch for all of his help. So I did all of this hoping that he would return my email saying "Oh im so glad its over for you too, congratulations and we will see you this fall!" and then I would know I was in.

So I sent my 3 line email.

I just now received a response:

Laura,

No worries at all.....happy to help in anyway that I can.

If you're planning to visit in the next couple of months and want to take a walk around campus, have any other questions, etc....just let me know.

Best,

(fordham guy)



Ok- so whats your take on that email?? He would know if I was accepted or not right? Even if he wasnt making the final decision? If he didnt know if I was in would he really take the chance of mentioning visiting the school? Ok so maybe I am just too positive for my own good, but this email made me happy.

What do you think? If I am being jaded, all brutal honesty is openly accepted :)

No comments: