Monday, May 24, 2004

Such a wuss

I don't know what it is about me, but I definitely don't think I was made for dating.

There is this guy that works here, that I've thought for a while is pretty cute. For those of you who have been reading this blog for a while now, you might remember him as the guy who invited me out for him and his friend's birthdays--they did it through evite, and apparently all of their friends were joking around about the two of them being best friends and there were a lot of "gay" insinuations. Sooo, I wasnt sure what to think. Long story short, he's not gay, and has/had a girlfriend in Jersey.

Anyways, we've worked on a few things together and I realized last Friday that I am really attracted to him. Since I haven't really ventured outside my department as far as going out to lunch or anything, I thought I would ask him. Sounds like an easy task right? You would think. I mean he has a girlfriend, and I'm not on some mission to break up that, he's just a really cool guy that happens to be handsome to boot. Well, it took me about 35 minutes to actually get my 2 line email the exact way I wanted it. Sad isnt it? Not to mention the 10 minute span where I contemplated hitting "send". Finally I forced myself. Now its done, and for some reason I feel all jittery.

He hasn't read my email yet. The worst he can say is no right? I hate when people say that. There is ALWAYS something worse than "no" that can be said. Well, I'll let you know what happens...

PS- I saw "Love Actually" for the first time this past weekend and thought it was sooo good. So now I'm all in the "maybe it would be nice to have a boyfriend" mode. Bear with me, I'm sure it will wear off by the end of the week.

No comments: