Thursday, July 01, 2004

Movie Builder-Uppers SUCK!

Well I went to see "The Notebook" last night. I guess you could say I had somewhat high expectations being as how the trailer was good and everyone I talked to that had seen it said how great it was and how I was sure to cry, blah blah. So, since I think Ryan Gosling is incredibly hot, in a Jason Lee sort of way, I thought I would check it out.

Well the story was good, yet somewhat predictable. I could hear people crying all through the movie and I kept thinking I was missing something since I wasn't sad. Since everyone had said how much I would cry, I was waiting for this HUGE scene or something to happen that would open the teargates, and in turn, I neglected all of the regular scenes that I now assume is what caused all the tears. I dont get it. I mean it was good, don't get me wrong, but I guess I just expected way too much. If no one had said anything to me about the movie, I probably would have gone in there and balled my eyes out. It was worth seeing though, especially if you are in the mood for a "summer romance" flick. I was impressed with Rachel McAdams performance. Coming from "Mean Girls" I didnt expect much, but she is truly likeable in this movie.

A movie coming out that I haven't mentioned in previous posts, and that I think will be worth the watch is "Wimbledon". Crappy title, but I think it will be really good.

Did anyone see Spiderman 2 last night? I'm curious to see how it was. I think I was the only one out of my group of friends to like the first one.

Also, if you happen to be in NY or NJ, I would definitely go see Napoleon Dynamite. If the movie makes me laugh half as much as the commercials do, it will be funny as hell.

No comments: