Thursday, July 22, 2004

I'd like the chicken salad, but can I get the teeth on the side?

Ok, I officially HATE packing. I am at that stage now where I seem to be doing a lot of work, yet when I look around it looks like I havent done anything. Not to mention I havent bought any groceries because I know I would just have to throw them out. So because I dont want to get fast food everyday, Ive been living off of lean cuisines, berry berry kix, and wheat thins. I know it sounds glamorous, but that meal combo really isnt as delicious as you might think.

I registered for classes today and was really happy with my kick-ass schedule. I only go to school Monday through Wednesday, woohoo. So now that makes me think what I will do with all of those other days in which I dont have class. I am sure I will need to time to study and whatnot, but now Ive started contemplating possible jobs. I really hate retail, and wasnt really a fan of the "hospitality" industry, but who knows, I guess at this point I cant be picky. Its going to be weird not having a job at first. I've been working since I was 16, non-stop. I like to work, I HAVE to work. I could never stay at home I dont think, I would get to ansy and probably go mad.

Someone just heated something up in the microwave here and now the whole floor smells like green onions, which then makes me think of Taco Bell, which then makes me think of their commercials that have pics of that nasty burrito with big chicken chunks hanging out of it. Gross. Anyone who thinks they are getting real chicken or beef from Taco Bell is in for a surprise. I heard from someone they use tuna chunks sometimes and just season it like the chicken and people cant tell the difference. Apparently that's less expensive.

All it takes for me to boycott a food item is one bad experience. I guess its a mental thing. I use to love Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich, but one time I got one and bit into it and the chicken was the consistency of taking a bite out of a block of soft cream cheese. Needless to say I didnt eat one of those after that for 2 years. Oh yea and another time, I was at McDonald's and was about to finish my last piece of  bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit...when i decided to take the top off to rearrange the insides. To my suprise there was a nice little fly embedded in the egg. Can you believe when I took that up to the counter the only thing they did was take the piece of sandwich and then say "sorry". 

The worst was when I worked at Applebee's and someone found a tooth in their salad. Hahhahahah. I mean what do you even say to that? That poor manager. We all knew who it was too. There was this dirty little old lady that worked the kitchen and she was by far all gums....well at least now she was. Anything gross like that ever happen at a food place to you guys? My inquiring mind wants to know.

ps- My friends and I use to eat at this place around the corner from our highschool that had the best Chinese food.  About a 2yrs after I moved, I read in the paper that they found dead cats in the freezer. Lovely.

No comments: