Monday, July 26, 2004

One step closer

Well, I am moved. I made the mistake of uttering the phrase "Oh this isnt as bad as last time" halfway through the day. Yes, it was as bad as last time. I guess moving is just never easy, no matter how much you prepare. I thought I was in semi-good shape, but my aching body tells me otherwise.

So now, I am living with my sister until Friday, which is my last day of work. Then after that I'm going home to Melbourne. My sister lives in a very "college-ish" type apartment community right by the university. It certainly brings back memories. Its funny because I find myself criticizing some of the college kids that are doing the same stuff I use to do not too long ago.  The people that live across from my sister like to have parties, a lot, and since the walls are apparently made of paper mache, we can hear pretty much every word they utter if they are standing outside. Luckily, the party they had the other night was the night of my move, so I was out at like 10pm, and I think I could have slept through a bomb going off.

Its funny how an environment changes the way you act. For instance, at my own apartment I tried to eat well, go to bed at a decent hour, I worked out, and I rarely went "out". Nooooow....Ive been in college living for only like 48 hours and its back to eating icecream out of the container, staying up late, never working out or even having the desire to, and I might be going out this Thursday night. So I guess its nothing radical, I just went from being 45 back to being 25.

I have 4 days left of work and my motivation is seriously lacking.

PS- Has anyone seen this article? So freaking insane.

No comments: