Friday, July 16, 2004

La dee da

First of all, for anyone who tried to post a comment yesterday and got an error message saying that they were blocked by me, the problem is now fixed. I dont block anyone from commenting, only crazies.
 
I have to admit that when I read this morning about Martha Stewarts sentencing, I couldnt help but smile. I dont even really know the facts about this case, pretty much because I dont care, but for some reason I enjoy the fact that she will spend five months in jail. I dont get what this "5 months restriction to your home" thing is though. Restricted to your house for 5 months? What are the parameters of this? Can you walk to the mailbox? Can you go get a hotdog? Im just glad all this hubub about her trial is over....we can finally get back to whats important, like what's  going on with the Olsen twins (kidding of course...that was for you Lovisa! ).
 
As far as other crap goes, my whole weekend is going to be filled with the joy of packing up my apartment. Are you jealous? Dont understimate the fun that can ensue with bubblewrap. I can't believe I am moving out in 8 days. I have so much shit to do its insane. Hopefully these people that put in an application today for my apartment will get approved and then I can cross that big monstrosity off of my list of worries. I hope your fingers are still crossed. I never said you could uncross them.
 
Its really gloomy here today, and if I hadnt been outside today already, just from looking out the window I would assume its like 40 degrees outside. I am really quite interested how I am going to handle my first winter in NYC. Im sure I will be just fine and I really cant wait to see everything there covered in snow. I can finally wear all those jackets Ive been buying over the past two years, at the after winter sales....I knew I eventually would get there. I will definitely have to get stuff like hats and gloves and all that, but Im kind of looking forward to it. Its funny, I dont know what it is about winter, but it just seems like the perfect time to be in love. You know, walking down the streets, arm in arm, snuggling up at night...just seems, well, nice. Who knows what this winter brings....man or not, it will be awesome.
 
In the "there is no way this can be true" category- have you heard about how Jessica Simpson and Nick are thinking about adopting a kid? Oh and not just any kid, a teenage kid.  Im not sure if they just both went mental all of the sudden, but am I the only one that thinks that she is not yet fit to be a parent? Let alone of a teenager. Wow, now if only they could get THAT on tape.
 
Well it's pin-drop silent in here so im thinking its time to grab some lunch. I hope you all have a great weekend, and when you are laying out at the pool, out shopping, or on a date...think of me, packing, covered in little pieces of storage tape, wandering through a plethora of brown boxes...and then smile because you know you dont have to help one bit. Lucky bastards :)

No comments: