Saturday, July 31, 2004

And so another chapter ends...

Well yesterday was my last day of work, and I cant tell you what an awkward feeling it was leaving a job with no plans of going to another one. Don't get me wrong, its a great feeling, just a foreign one to me.

Everyone was so terrific to me there. So friendly and understanding, just all around good people. Ive really never had a bad working experience at any job, which kind of makes me feel afraid that Ive almost had it too good. I always hear about people having awful bosses or shitty work schedules, and Ive never really experienced that. Im 25 years old and Ive somehow managed to work in very professional jobs, yet still take off when I need for various things like vacations or whatever. I guess Ive just been lucky. I hope that luck continues.

Today I am in St. Augustine, just got here a few hours ago. The plan is to do nothing but relax, shop, and just hang out. This is exactly what I have needed. I think we might take a day trip up to Savannah one day too. That should be nice.

So anyways, I guess I just wanted to let you all know I was still alive, in case you were interested. Work was just so nuts these past couple of days I sometimes forgot to eat lunch. They had a nice sendoff for me and managed to stick a little moula in my pocket, so thats always nice. What was the best was hearing the Director of Partner Programs for the whole corporation tell me that "we are a better company because of you". That was a suprise to hear, but I couldnt have asked for a nicer compliment. Im really going to miss all of them.

Well, Im outta here. Have a good weekend.

ps- Puddy (my fish) was in a tragic accident on highway 528. He did not survive :(

No comments: