Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Cross your fingers

Whew, what a past couple of days. So with me moving out of my apartment in less than two weeks, Ive been running around like a mad woman, getting packing supplies, making lists (there are post-its EVERYWHERE), and desperately looking for someone to takeover my lease. Well as you might recall I had a lady from Boston coming to look at my place this weekend, so of course I scheduled everything around her visit. Ten minutes before she is about to show up, she calls. "I found a house and I put an offer in, yay!". Meanwhile, different ways that I could torture her are swirling in my head. So of course I was pissed and led into a major stress explosion at the possibility of having no one take the place. Three hours later....she calls back. "Well I put in an offer but it turns out Im not the only one bidding, can I come take a look at your place anyways?". A faint glimmer of hope, but at this point, im just like "sure, whatever". She comes to see it, yada yada yada, she'll call me tomorrow to tell me if she got the house or not. Yesterday passes. No call. At this point I'm really hating this woman, but I move to plan B...which is making flyers and then posting them all over the university later this week(hell on earth).

Then this morning comes. As I leave the gym I see I have a missed call, from her. She says that they never contacted her, blah blah blah, shes giving them a few more hours and then shes just going to take my place. So at this point in time, Im in limbo, just awaiting that call. I pray to God that she doesnt get that house, you should pray too.

Aside from this lady dominating my weekend, everything else is going pretty well. I think I broke my record for movies watched in a weekend. I think I watched/had on about 8 different movies, just on Sunday. They were so random though, but I love that. I hadn't seen Twister in a while, and no one ever agrees with me, but I love that freaking movie. Its just one of those that I never get sick of, like Outbreak. This of course leads me to think..."what movies have I watched the most, over and over?". You know, everyone has those movies that they just put on whenever, even if they are just doing laundry and not really watching. I would have to say mine have been:

Father of the Bride
Rudy
Sleepless in Seattle
(wow Im really not a sap..)
Big
True Lies (dont ask)
Twister
Little Women
High Fidelity
Almost Famous
Outbreak
A Few Good Men
Center Stage
A Christmas Story
Under the Tuscan Sun

ok I am sure some of you are cringing and I KNOW Brian is on the verge of vomiting, so thats all for now...

Out of curiosity though....what are one or two of your most watched movies? Don't feel silly about them, after all, I did admit to Sleepless in Seattle.

No comments: