Friday, July 09, 2004

It's a tradeoff

Well today is Friday, that means, end of week, time to relax, thanks god its the weekend. It also means (if you work for the same company I do) that no email is allowed. Yep, in an effort to get us all talking to each other more, email being sent is prohibited for the marketing department on Fridays until the end of the summer. I guess in theory its a decent idea, but in reality its just a big old pain in the ass. While we are suppose to be walking over to someones cubicle or calling them up instead of sending an email, what I have seen is the opposite. Instead, people just write all their emails, keep them in their outbox, and then hit "send" Monday morning. Smart- yes, counterproductive- absolutely. Now I use my Fridays to occassionally do some work, but moreso to attend to personal matters. I guess its not so bad of a deal now that I think about it. But of all the new things we could introduce this summer I think something more like "Bagel tuesdays" or "Pizza fridays" is much more enticing. Maybe I am just hungry.

Tomorrow I venture off to Wal-Mart for the first time in about, well almost a year. Thanks to Target, I have avoided that hell hole at all costs. However, with crap like Rubbermaid bins and packing materials on the list to buy-- Wal-mart is the smartest option, even if it does mean enduring the "experience" of shopping there. So as I was making my list I realized, where am I going to go in NYC for stuff like this? You know, not real stuff, but cheap stuff that everyone needs at some point. This sent me on a search "spree" to see if my favorite/most frequented stores and restaurants even existed up there. Well, no Wal-Mart (that I already knew), but there is also no Target. I have been so spoiled by that store so that definitely stinks. Ann found that there are 2 Kmarts in Manhattan, which I found very odd...arent they suppose to be bankrupt? Another search led me to find out that there is no Chik-fil-a there either. I almost fell off my chair. That has been pretty much my favorite fastfood forever. The closest one is in Paramus, NJ. No idea how far away that is. My mom will have to ship me their chicken biscuits.

I know I'm just being silly because I have already experienced the food there, and it is fabulous, all of it. I had my first Gray's Papaya hotdog last time I was there....and seriously, 75 cents for a hotdog that good...yea thats going to cause some problems. I better figure out an excercise plan.

Well I think my internal organs are starting to feed off of each other, so that probably means its time for lunch. Have a great weekend everybody :)

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Appreciate this bllog post