Tuesday, July 27, 2004

So freaking tired

Thank God I'm out of college living.

Maybe I just got too use to my quiet apartment. Maybe I am too set in my "older person" mode. Maybe my sister's neighbors are just idiots who have no concept of time. Whoa, did I just say that?

Well the past couple of nights have been typical "party nights" complete with loud talking drunk kids, bottles being broken, and the occassional hyena laughs courtesy of drunk sorority girls.  This all seemed pretty normal, even though I was surprised to see that most parties end with everyone cleaning up, then going to bed. That is NOT how we use to do it. It was more like: pass out on something soft, and deal with the destruction made tomorrow....afternoon.

Anyways, last night was anything but typical. At around 12:30 we started hearing the group gather. I was in and out of sleep for most of the night, but we were awakened nicely at 3:30 to hear the cops outside our door. What I coulf gather from the convo was that someone was running around setting of fireworks or something.  The cop was crazy pissed and was freaking out these sorority girls (mildly entertaining). The cop kept telling her that if she didnt turn in who did it that he was charging that whole apartment with the disturbance. Then I heard the girl run into her apartment and drag out some other girl yelling at her to go tell the cop that she knows the people that did it. It was all so juvenile. Not to mention the most annoying thing ever.

So its not really that I haven't slept, I guess its more like sleeping on an airplane. You are sort of sleeping, but completely aware of everything going on around you. Three more nights of this should not make for a happy Laura come Friday. Maybe I should start drinking a glass bottle of wine before I go to bed.

No comments: