Thursday, July 15, 2004

Just not meant to be

Same test, same result, everytime. You would think I would learn, but nope, I dont.

Ok, well this might freak you out a little bit, but here goes: I hate donuts. Yea, there it is, I do. I know I am like one in a billion people (or so Ive been told) to have this weird dislike, but I do. The thing is, they look great, they smell amazing, and I continue to try and "break" myself of my disgust on occassion. Case in point, this morning. Someone brings in lots of Krispy Kreme donuts. Fresh, hot, smelling terrific. Everyone is all happy and I am wishing that they were bagels. Everyone passing by my cube shouts out "Laura, come quick, youre going to miss out on a donut!". So since I have no desire to explain my dislike to another group of people, I just say that "I'm on my way!". So I'm sitting here, starving because I forgot breakfast, and trying to convince myself that maybe I do like donuts, and that Ive just had really bad donuts, my whole life.

Well everyone leaves the area and I decide to walk on over. There are still tons of donuts left. I decide to take one and give it another shot. I come back to my desk, take a bite..... DISGUST, complete and utter nastiness. I had to throw it away (as all Krispy Kreme lovers gasp at the same time). I never learn. I guarantee the exact same test will be done again in 4 weeks time, in which the exact same result will occur.

So in the spirit of food likes and dislikes, anybody have anything off the wall they hate to admit that they dont like? One of my younger sisters actually use to hate Chik-fil-a, mashed potatoes, and ketchup. Nuts. We almost gave her away because of it, but she came around.

No comments: