Thursday, April 22, 2004

We Built this list on a bunch of craaaapppp

Ok, so I'm feeling it today. I think this is it. Even though my horoscope says tomorrow is my day "of great relief" I'm hoping that its really today. Now I get to sit here until 5 oclock wondering and then have my usual moment of cardiac arrest as I open the mailbox. Cross your fingers.

I somehow managed to set my alarm clock to wake me up with the Disney radio station. I didnt even know they had one. So every morning I wake up to either Hillary Duff, Mandy Moore, or Lindsay Lohan. I keep forgetting to change it and now I am actually starting to like it. I guess there's just something refreshing about innocent lyrics and singers who actually wear clothes in their videos.

I'm sure by now you've all read something on Blender magazine's "50 worst songs ever". Well Blender named the #1 worst song ever "We Built this City". I have to admit it is definitely not one of the best or brightest songs, but "worst song ever" seems a little harsh. Blender described the song as "the truly horrible sound of a band taking the corporate dollar while sneering at those who take the corporate dollar." Yea, but so what? It was the 80's- what happened to music just making you feel good and that being enough? I do agree that there are many bands out there with witty lyrics and brilliance all around, but sometimes you just want something that feels right, even if the lyrics are dumb. Why aren't there more rap songs listed? God knows there are some dumbass lyrics there. Is Britney Spears really not on the list? I mean if we are all getting picky about lyrics, she is a prime contender. I didn't get to view the full list yet, but from what I saw they were on the right track with some songs. I do disagree with a few though. Whitney Houston's "Greatest Love of All" is listed as #22 on the list. Whaaa? That song kicked ass and anyone who was musically inclined in the 80's has to agree that it doesnt belong on a worst songs ever list. Oh, and "The Sounds of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkle?? Please. Their reasoning behind this one is due to a "self important line"--ooOOoooh. God knows no other songs have ever included those. I started to think about what I would have listed as the worst songs ever and it was harder than I thought.

Ok, totally lost my train of thought because some guy in Japan starting im'ing me.

I'll start this list of bad songs off and you fill in the rest...

- "Ladies" by some girl named Sarai- the epitomy of a slutty white girl rapper song
- "How do you talk to an Angel"- by that Jamie Walters fellow
-"Together Forever"- Rick Astley---well lets just say anything by Rick Astley

No comments: