Thursday, April 29, 2004

Ok, I admit It

I'm a height snob. There is just no getting around it. So there it is.

I was reading this article yesterday on why girls are passing up shorter guys and it was somewhat intriguing since I have been told by pretty much everyone that I am too picky with guys- especially with height, blah blah. Well I am 5'1- so I know that a 5'10 guy should suffice, but fact of the matter is, it hasn't so far. Its not that I would immediately rule out a shorter guy, but its almost like as soon as I see them or am told they are short- its seems there is a strike against them already. I know, I'm retarded. It doesnt help that my best friend agrees with me either. She is a little shorter than I am and we are both stuck on taller guys- always have been. I think its the whole "basketball player" thing. Ive always liked that physique. I'd pick skinny and toned over shorter and muscular anyday. So anyways- back to the article. They were saying to stop being so snooty about shorter guys because apparently "thats where the power is". Riggght. "Many of these guys are buff and tend to be a lot more muscular than those scrawny streetlamps you've been dating". What if I want a streetlamp? Whats the big deal? I know I am being stupid and superficial, but I cant help what I am attracted to. Maybe I just haven't met a good looking shorter guy that has interested me. I think I have to blame my friends partially for this because for the past 4 years my two closest guy friends have been 6'3 and 6'5. Any guy that stood next to them just didn't seem like a "man"- just seemed like boys (oh god I think I can hear their heads inflating). Its not that I need someone to "take care of me " and "protect me"- Im not sure what it is. I guess its like asking you why you prefer blondes/brunettes- I dont know, you just do.

PS- I emailed the lady back to be nice and asked if maybe she could tell me a little about him. She emailed me back with:

Sure He is 28 about 5' 8 dark hair works at Suntrust Bank as Tech- Very good looking sweet and fun to be around. He is from Ohio he has been here for about 5 or six not sure exactly how long . I can probably get him to send me a picture of him and can you give me some info about you so I can pass to him . Talk to you soon .

This lady is super nice but can't correspond worth a shit. "Hes been here for 5 or 6 "what? Months? Weeks? Years? The fact that he's a "tech" doesnt bode too well either- since I KNOW what 95% of tech guys look like- and its isnt pretty. And I'm sure you noticed he's 5'8. Super.

No comments: