Monday, April 19, 2004

All Moved In - Thank God

Well Saturday felt like the longest day of my life, but thankfully I am now completely moved in to my new apartment. I had movers come and do all the real heavy stuff, but even moving just minor things turned out to be much more than I expected. Where did I get so much crap? I threw away like 7 bags of stuff before I even moved and I still had box after box. My entire body is still incredibly sore and my calve muscles feel like they are going to bust through my skin. I was thinking that while I thought I was in pretty good shape, I must not be if I am this dead feeling still, but then I realized I was moving stuff non-stop from 9:30am until 7:30pm with maybe a 30 min break to eat. That adds up bigtime, especially when you have to go from a 2nd floor apt to another 2nd floor apt. I still have to go back and clean my bathroom and stuff in the old place, which I am dreading, but I think I'll leave that to the very last minute.

I spoke to Fordham on Friday and they said that a decision will be made and sent out by Monday (today) at the latest. So my letter could very well be on its way to me at this very moment. Since this week could be life changing for me I decided to look at my horoscope for today and this is part of what I read:
"The next ten days promise to be major milestones in your personal history. Just imagine what you can do next. Friday brings a sense of freedom and relief."

Interesting.

The more I think about this summer the more I just can't wait for it to come. I'm not really sure why because it's not like I won't have to work. I guess since I know at least 2 of my good friends will be back it gives me hope for nights out like the good old college days.
Right now I wish I was laying by the pool sipping a peach daiquiri. Guess I'll have to settle for a peach smoothie and my desk chair. Could be worse.

No comments: