Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Get your praise on

Apparently there is this growing trend of Christian nightclubs that I never knew about. Devout Christians apparently flock to these non-alcoholic clubs to enjoy Christian rock performances most oftenly accompanied by gospel presentations.

The article I read said that one of the most well known of these clubs is "Club 3 Degrees" in Minneapolis. By the description of the place it sounded not too bad. Its a 3 level club where people can shoot pool and enjoy pizza and smoothies. "The closest thing to a stimulant served is Red Bull". Is it me or does it sound like a skating rink- minus the skating? I guess the only difference are the rules, "no mosh pits, no slow songs, no secular cover tunes. Bands must play Christian-themed music and share their faith onstage".

I don't really have an opinion on this since I've never been to a Christian club, but the thought of being in a "club" type atmosphere without alcohol is completely foreign to me. I know "you dont have to drink to have fun" has always been the anthem of soberites, and I agree to a point. I think its one of those things that if you never drink when you go out then its fine, but if you always drink when you went out and then you all of the suddent try to go out "Christian style"- it sucks. I think its just always been one of those procedure-oriented things with my friends and I. You go to a club, you have a drink- thats just what you do. Now if you are a moron and just go to clubs to get wasted and then act like an idiot, thats a whole different story.

Also, I must note since I am aware that there are some of my blog readers that are 15 and below-- I was never "drunk" until the summer AFTER my 21st birthday. I had a great time in highschool without the use of any drugs or alcohol, so don't be stupid and try to act older than you really are...you'll have plenty of time for that later.

No comments: