Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Production Rate= 0

Today so far is one of those days that I have a lot of work to do, but I dont feel like doing any of it. So far this morning all I have done (minus the occassional work emails going in and out) is:

-correspond regarding a couch I am going to buy
-correspond regarding coffee tables I WAS going to buy-"little"scratch my ass
-checked a few sites for ipods
-chatted with a few friends
-checked Uhaul rates for my trip...in August

I blame this lack of work concentration on Fordham. I called yesterday and a different lady answered so I thought it might be my lucky day. She came back to the phone after a brief pause and sounding all happy said, "Ok Laura! You are pending!". I couldnt help but laugh and then want to bash the computer in. It's been almost 5 weeks since my interview, not since I submitted my app, just since my interview. WHAT THE FUCK. Honestly, does it really take this long? Is this just possibly some kind of conspiracy to see how long it takes before my head blows up?

Everything has just been a pain lately. Ive been trying to buy a couch for my new place im moving into and its really been an annoyance. Why cant people just tell the truth? "oh yea they have only had the couch for a few months"--but when I get there to look at it, a "few months" turns into a "few years". Then I am looking at buying this other couch and I ask the guy if there is visible wear on the cushions and he responds by saying "the couch really is in good condition, I think". What the heck? If its torn up just freaking tell me and stop wasting my time.

Im hoping that with all this building tension of having to move and buy new stuff, and hire movers, and waiting on Fordham....that as these things happen the stress will subside. I sure hope so.

My dad leaves for The Masters today, that lucky duck. I remember going a few times when I was younger and it was so exciting. For some reason I remember really liking Corey Pavin, lol, who knows why. Nowadays, who can focus on skill when there are hotties like Adam Scott on the green.

Lunchtime. Woo, that was one busy morning. I know I'll be sorry in a few hours when I am slammed.

No comments: