Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Swirling questions inside my head

Question 1- Why is the Martha Stewart trial all over the front page of cnn.com everyday? Do they really think we care what happens to her?

Question 2- Have you ever noticed that the older people get, "food" becomes the most exciting thing in their life? It was not even 9:30 this morning when the usual banter started..."So Margie, where are you thinking for lunch today?". If its not "where", its , "well what did you bring today? I brought a salad...still on the south beach diet...blah blah blah". I give anyone reading this permission to shoot me if I ever start up in this "routine".

Question 3: Why do some men feel it necessary to wear jeans to the gym? First of all--gross. Second of all- gross. Third- who in their right mind works out in jeans? Im not talking loose fitting, Im talking tight, stonewashed, high-waisted jeans. I cant even excercise I get so distracted by what some people wear. There is a guy that actually works out in sunglasses. Then there is this one guy who is a "social" member, which in my book means he shows up, looks like he is going to work out, but in all acutality just walks around, checking girls out and talking on his cell phone. Sometimes he sits down on a machine, since Im sure hes tired of all the walking, but in my presence..he is still yet to lift a weight.

Question 4: Since when are leasing agents allowed to be bitches? I went to the office in my complex to try and work out a deal for a new apartment and she pretty much flat out told me that there is no concession for being a current resident and nothing they could do to help me out--and all of this in that snotty "its almost six o'clock and could you please get out of my face" tone. Now I wasn't expecting a super deal or anything, but I thought they might do SOMETHING, anything. I was pretty shocked by the whole thing and didnt know what to say. However, I think the key scratch along the side of her new Elantra expresses my sentiments perfectly.

No comments: