Monday, February 23, 2004

Not that there's anything wrong with it...

Well other than the fact that I feel nauseaus for no apparent reason and that I am stuck in a cube on a gorgeous Florida day...so far so good this Monday.

Ok- now this came up on Friday and Im not sure what to think, so help me out if you can. There is this guy that works in the same building as I do, but in a different dept. of the company. He is good looking and Ive had to email back and forth a few times for work related stuff. Anyways, a week or so ago he comes up to my floor just to say hi...sits on my counter, just bringing up pointless chatter...and I definitely got the feeling he was flirting. So anyways, that was that. Then on Friday he calls me at my desk to invite me to this birthday party thing that his friends are having for him and his other friend. He emailed me an "Evite" with all the details. So, I start thinking that maybe he might be into me, until I click on the evite where I see these comments left by friends of his and his friend:

Comment 1: Well Ben and Kevin do sleep under the same roof every night, so we probably won't be seeing anything new.

Comment 2: I am going to be there to watch Kevin and Ben make kissy faces

Comment 3: I am there, maybe the two love birds won't pass out this time. :) Balls in your mouth!!!

Comment 4: Only if Kevin and Ben kiss, and finally admit that they are a couple!

Comment 5: (made by the guy -Kevin- himself): Whoa...what kind of party is this gonna be? Deidre!? Is there something you should tell me?

Yea. So long story short I couldnt go because I was going out of town, but now I am utterly confused. Is he gay? Is he not? If he is, why would he go out of his way to flirt with me? Maybe I dont know what flirting is anymore?

Well either way...I was cc'd on an email this morning from him saying thanks to everyone for coming, etc. So I felt I should respond. So I said something like "Im sorry I couldnt be there, Im sure you and your boyfriend had a lot of fun". This way, I figure I will find out either way. If hes gay he will just respond regularly, and is hes straight, he'll probably just laugh it off right? We'll see...

No comments: