Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Move it or lose it

I just found another thing that annoys the hell out of me. I just got out of a meeting in which we were all around a conference table with a website up on the projector screen. There was one person in charge of following along onscreen as the moderator spoke over the phone. Good god...I have never seen a mouse move so slow. Not only slow, but when directed to click on the something on the left nav--the mouse wanders all over the pg at almost a negative rate until one of us has to get up and point to the right place on the screen. Another thing is taking the long route--for anything---to save a file, search, whatever. Maybe I am just a nerd but when I have to watch other people do these things it drives me nuts. For the first half hour of the call we had some dipstick in Canada that insisted the site was down even though we are all sitting there with it up. What is wrong with these people? We had to sit and go through all the stupid shit like "refresh your page", "ctrl refresh", "open a new window". Im sorry but if you don't know shit like that you have no business working for a software company...or working at all for that matter.

No comments: