Monday, November 22, 2004

Yay for new computers and holidays!

My computer came in today and I loooooove it. Unfortunately, Im finding it extremely hard to concentrate on anything else.

Has anyone seen that Dell commercial where that guy is suppose to be paying bills, but really he is just having the best time ever playing with his new computer? For some reason I just think that commercial is so hilarious, but I can't find it online, so if one of you finds it, let me know.

Well from this exact minute on, I have 8.5 hours before the airport shuttle picks me up and I still have to finish packing, clean my room, and oh, sleep. I am officially on vacation and have been in my mind for about the past week. I can't wait to get home and start baking amd just hang out. What I am not looking forward to is the humidity and the heat. I'm sure my hair and skin will react ever so nicely.

In extra happy news, seasons 1,2 & 3 of Seinfeld are released tomorrow on dvd!! Woohoo! I have waited soooooo long for this. Oh and I seemed to have missed yet another cool thing in the city today. U2 was apparently at my stop by my school today just 1 hour before I got there playing a free concert and filming a new video. Of course, since they didn't see me there, they decided to drive all over Manhattan playing their music atop some platform thing, and I still managed to miss them. I'm lucky like that.

Well, Im not sure when I will be back on the computer again to post, but just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. My Thanksgiving is always a Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday because the day after turkey day we begin decorating. It use to be a one day event, but now it occupies about three because we just keep getting better and better decorations and I loooove decorating. Its funny how we still do all the same things we have done every other year.
Here are some of our traditions:

-wake up early and get all the stuff down from the attic
-I do the tree, my mom does random decorating around the house, Leah helps where needed, my Dad does the outside lights and Lisa lays in the middle of the living room floor watching everyone work
-the "Chipmunk Christmas" cassette (yes cassette) makes its first appearance of the year and by the end of the day you are wishing death upon anything resembling a chipmunk
-for dinner we order Domino's pizza, not any other kind, dont ask me why, I cant recall how it started, but it was definitely way back in the day when like only 3 pizza places existed and Papa Johns wasn't one of them
-the Saturday after Thanksgiving we participate in "The Sister Run". Its a 5k event that benefits Ovarian Cancer. I think this year will be my 5th one, yay!

Ok well there is a lot more, but Im not going to type them all. Do you and your family still have any traditions you still uphold? I am a definite kid at heart and when it comes to holidays I will never grow up.

Have a great holiday!

No comments: