Saturday, November 06, 2004

It's 10 pm on a saturday night.......

...and I'm in my apartment watching the Lizzy Maguire movie. Yep. And you know what? I'm loving it.

Do you ever just get tired of bars and all that? I mean, dont get me wrong, I like going out, having a few drinks and I loooove dancing, but sometimes it just seems really pointless. Sometimes its just not fun, no matter how good the music is or how cute the clientele. Its weird. I went out last night to this bar on West 3rd. Fun times, good music- just didnt do it for me though. Plus its always a buzzkill realizing how expensive the drinks are here. Yea, I know I should be over it by now, but Im not. What sealed the night was when this drunk guy bashed his face into my nose while trying to give me a kiss on the cheek. Not fun, and yea, it still hurts.

I guess sometimes I would just rather spend a quiet evening in...or somewhere less "I'm looking"...if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, the chance of meeting a nice, cute guy in my apartment or a bookstore around the corner is quite small. The thing is though...Im not even looking, at all. I've found what I want, he just happens to live out of state, and doesn't really know the extent of my feelings. Hooray for love being complicated. What a mess. Where is all the wine when you need it?

Anyways, today my roommate and I walked all over the West Side down by the Hudson River. Geez its so gorgeous here. Then we decided to stroll pretty much all over Chelsea. I ended up at 2 great bakeries, one of which I ate at and the other just admired as the line was crazy long. However, if these cupcakes look even remotely good to you (youre crazy if they don't), then I recommend either Billy's Bakery on 9th or the Magnolia Bakery on Bleecker. Ahh, what I wouldnt do for one of those right now.

Right across the street from the Magnolia bakery was this quaint little bookshop, I dont even remember the name, but man do I love bookstores and this place was great. It was the perfect kind of place that I would love to work at because I bet you meet all kinds of interesting people. Too bad some of the coolest random jobs dont pay too much, or maybe they do and I just haven't found the right one.

Ive heard a lot of people recommend trying to get a job at Starbucks because you get full benefits even if you work part time, which would rock, except for one thing.....I hate coffee and anything related to it. Yes, that includes "iced mocha" anythings. Call me crazy. I also hate donuts.

I'm really excited about tomorrow because Im going to see the NYC marathon. Thats right, to "see", not "run". I think it would be awesome to partake in the event though, maybe next year, when I can train and stuff. Hahhaha, train for a marathon, thats funny stuff. Anyways, Ive always wanted to see the runners come over the Queensboro bridge so that will be cool. Hopefully I'll snap some good shots.

Well its now time to browse Icontrol for something worthy of my limited attention span. Have a good weekend :)

No comments: