Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Wrong on so many levels

I just finished reading this article on CNN and it really pissed me off. As they so eloquently stated in the article, there is a site being developed that would allow users "to sit at their computers and blast away at animals on a Texas ranch via the Internet". Does that turn anyone else's stomach? I have never agreed with recreational hunting to start with, but now, any lazy ass with a motive to kill a living thing can enjoy that sick pleasure from the comfort of their own home.

The creator of the site, a Texas ranch owner describes how he came up with the idea:
"We were looking at a beautiful white-tail buck and my friend said 'If you just had a gun for that.' A little light bulb went off in my head," he said.

Well isn't that precious? Who doesn't think similar thoughts when they see a little baby? Aww, how cute, now let's think of a creative way to kill it. Ok, so thats a tad extreme, but you know what I mean. I guess recreational hunting is just something I will never understand.

--------------------------------------------------------
Not having internet is slowly killing me. I mean sure I have access to it for necessary things thanks to my roommate, but what I never realized is the amount of random stuff that I look up on a daily basis. Random, yet important. It cannot be explained, but those of you who share my same vice know exactly what I mean.

On another note, Adam is a daddy as of last night, hooray!!!

No comments: