Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Thank God its almost over!

Well it is finally that much anticipated day...election day. The good folks over at Fordham gave us all the day off of school in an effort to make sure we all have time to vote. How nice. As if that wasn't a nice enough way to start your day, I had a fantastic dream this morning about a guy I met on an airplane....and then of course woke up right in the middle of the best part. The weird thing was he was blonde, which is really not my type...I'm more preferential to the dark featured types. In the dream he was currently living in California working on his Masters at Stanford. The moral of this story? All the hot guys I ever meet will end up living in California. I'm moving.

Ok ok, back to election day stuff. So there is no way I am going to use this post as a way to influence any last minute voters to vote Bush, nor does this mean I want anyone to comment on why they hate him or whatever. I was kind of disappointed for a while because all the people I talked to that were for Kerry could not answer one question....."Without referring to Bush in your answer, please clearly explain to me why you think John Kerry should be the next President." Doesn't sound too difficult right? I didn't think so, but I was amazed at the fact that no one could really answer it without having to contemplate it for a while. Those that did answer it immediately referred to Bush. Hellooooo, listen to the directions people. So anyways, this was somewhat disturbing because here is a candidate in a dead heat with the current president and who has a very good chance of being elected...and some of his most avid supporters that I know or have spoken to can't even tell me why he would be good for our country. Yikes. Well finally I spoke to someone from back in Florida who was able to give me the most intelligent pro-Kerry statement I have heard. What a relief. I can handle a good argument, just not one that is more along the lines of a 3rd grade playground tiff, i.e. "You're views are retarded!". Thanks, good one!

Well hopefully this year's election will go off without a hitch. With Florida's new voting device, we shouldn't have any problems.....

I just can't believe that after tonight this election will be over. It has consumed so much of the past 2 years that I really can't imagine not hearing about it on the news or reading about it on cnn.com. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled its about to be over. Oh I saw Eminem's new video about Bush the other day. Now I like Eminem, but that whole video just seems gay. I mean, is it suppose to be some big surprise that yet another celebrity backs Kerry? Hop right on the bandwagon, but its getting a little full! The sad thing is that he hasn't even formally declared backing Kerry, which means yet another vote for Kerry because he "isnt Bush", hooray! thats a way to pick a nation's leader! Either way, in my opinion the current president should receive a certain amount of respect. Sure you dont have to vote for him, or even like him, but knowing you are in a position in which the youth of America is going to blindly follow you and then painting such a disapproving picture of someone in a position that we should be teaching our children to respect, well it just doesn't sit well with me. Would I have a problem with it if Eminem's video was about John Kerry? Of course I would and I say that in complete honesty. Freedom of speech is a bitch sometimes.

Well, enough of that. You people know what to do, and any of you that has an opinion on this election has most likely had the same one for the past 2 years. Do what you think is right and may the best man win. Whoever he is, I will support him, as he will be the leader of this great country. I just hope that one thing stays innate to him....keeping our best interests at heart.

Now go out and vote, or else P. Diddy will kill you.

No comments: