Thursday, November 04, 2004

I'm avoiding homework, can you tell?

So two posts in roughly 11 hours of each other....yep, I'm clearly avoiding something. Ever since midterms ended I feel like I am suffering from a severe delusion that I am on vacation or something- like the semester is over. Silly Laura, you are only halfway through. Isn't it crazy to think that the first week of November is almost finished? Time is flying like crazy. Only 19 days until I fly home! I am so excited. I hope its a tad cooler there for Thanksgiving. I would be thrilled if it was like 65, but since today its about 90 there, Im not too sure how it will be in a few weeks.

So for those of you at work who may have missed it, President Bush just had a press conference a while ago. So I am sitting there watching it and they scroll a headline across the screen at the bottom that says that Yasser Arafat is in a coma. So of course that is terrible, but about 2 seconds later, this press guy raises his hand to ask a question and says "Mr. President, I know you dont know this, but Yasser Arafat has just passed away". So everyone is taken aback for a second, including Bush, and I am sitting there wondering how the heck he knows that for sure. So of course Bush adresses that as best he could, but I am still wondering how on earth he could be in a coma and then die one second later and how this guy is privy to such information at this fast of a rate. Well right after the conference, they of course announce that Yasser Arafat is not dead. Hmm. So what happens to this dude that took it upon himself to relay this info to the President on live tv? Do you think he loses his job? I mean it clearly can't be good for his career.

If I didnt have homework to do, it is a perfect day to just snuggle in your bed and watch movies. I got these awesome candles the other day that smell like pumpkin pie...they are dangerously suggestive, but they smell so damn good. Pumpkin anything is a weakness of mine. I cant be around it because I have no self control. Have you ever had a pumpkin muffin from Panera? Yummmm. Another thing I shouldn't be allowed around is orange juice. Sounds stupid, but Im serious. I drink it like a madwoman. Luckily its so freaking expensive here that I rarely buy it. However the past 2 weeks I have bought a quart of it and I finish it within the day pretty much. Back in FL I use to drink about 4 big glasses a day of it....then I had severe acid reflux for a while and they had to put me on like this heart monitor thing because I was having all these chest pains, luckily it wasnt my heart, just too much OJ. You think I would have learned.

No comments: