Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Ok Dave, now stop your whining

Well the NY Marathon was awesome and there couldn't have been a more perfect day, weather-wise, in which to hold this event. I knew there would be a lot of people out there, but I wasnt aware that all of NYC would be there. I had always wanted to see the runner's come over the bridge and I did get to see that..well sort of. I got to see them come running down off the bridge. I forgot that I am not 400 feet tall and would never really be able to see them all running on the bridge.

These runners amazed me though. When I saw them, they were on mile 16 and ALL of them were running. I rarely saw anyone stop for a breather at all. I loved the representation of all the different countries too, so much allegiance and pride.

Ok, enough babbling, here are some pics:
I TOOK DOWN THE PICS BC THEY WERE SLOWING DOWN THE PAGE ON SOME COMPUTERS.
The lovely Queensboro Bridge. If you look real close, you can see
the little runner heads on the bridge.
More runners.....
I liked this shot. The runners were pumped coming off that bridge
to all the screaming fans.
Here the runners have made it to 1st Avenue and are on their
way up over to Central Park
Central Park finally, here they are for their last 2 miles.
Crappy shot, but you get the idea. Its sad that these people still had all this energy
afterwards, yet me and my roommate were tired from all the walking. Yea, walking.


In other news, I need your opinions on something...
Here is the "hypothetical dilemma" you are faced with:

Facts:
You are in grad school and have a shitload of loans.
You are not currently working.
You have the possibility of getting a Grad Asst. position with the school next semester which will pay for a good deal of your tuition.
Dilemma:
You also have the possibility of getting an internship next semester with a really well known music company, thanks to a contact you have made. Doesn't sound like a dilemma right? Well, here's the thing, its unpaid. So the dilemma lies in whether you should suck up the loans for another semester and go for the "experience" of the internship...or work for the school, make some money, and look for an internship in the summer (kinda risky since I have this contact). Sure the internship might lead to a job, you never know, but then that throws my whole life off course because I had planned to go to school full-time, not part-time. Ehhh, I dont know, my brain is too jumbled now. Share your wisdom.

No comments: