Monday, November 01, 2004

Oh what a night

Well you've got to love a city in which more adults than children dress up for Halloween. The freaks were out last night thats for sure. I feel like all of Manhattan was in my neighborhood. It was craaaazy. You couldnt even walk. And the parade? Forget about being able to see anything, that is unless you were one of the people that start staking out their standing spot 3 hours before the parade. No thanks. We ended up heading over to the Town Taven, a nice little bar off of West 3rd. Got to love $2 drafts. At one point we attempted to go see the parade, but being 5'1 doesnt help too much. I resorted to just holding up my camera and hoping I would capture something neato. The result? Oh about 5 pictures of the KFC sign across the street, random heads in front of me, and not one parade pic. Overall it was a good time though, except for tha fact that I feel like death today. Apparently its not good to drink beer on an empty stomach. After force feeding myself some crackers this morning, we stopped by Pressed Toast, this little hole in the wall place on Macdougal that makes the best sandwiches, and everything there is $4 or less. I highly recommend it if you happen to be in the area.

I feel a little naughty because I am skipping one of my classes today, my first skip this semester. The way I look at it is, I feel like crap, I can easily find out that I missed, and I can use the extra time to study for my midterm tonigh. Thats right ladies and gents, I still have one more midterm to take. Is it me or doesnt it seem like Ive been taking midterms for about a month? Well there were grand plans to party like a rockstar tonight after my test, but at this point the thought of beer is quite disturbing. I always do this. I always drink the night before the night Im reaaallly suppose to go out, and then I dont want to. Make sense?

I only woke up a few hours ago and I already feel the need for a nap. Its amazing how a hangover makes me not able to function the next day. I somehow managed to get hot sauce in my eyeball at lunch. Dont ask, but it wasnt fun. Eating something should have made me feel better, but it hasnt. Perhaps it was Brian trying to make me sick talking about egg yolks this morning....yea, that could be it.

In wonderful terrific news....
My NYC boy called yesterday! It was fantastic talking to him and we are trying to figure out a time to get together in Florida over Christmas when he will be there for a week, yay!

Ok, well all this writing has made me tired. Perhaps its time I start to study. And by study, I mean nap. Ciao.

P.S.- for those of you at work today, bored out of your minds...read this article. I found it very interesting.

No comments: