Sunday, October 10, 2004

Reason #443 why I am destined to not have a boyfriend

So this morning I was walking around in a tank top, lightweight pants, and flipfops. By 4pm, still out shopping, the temp had dropped by a lot and I was freezing...and still quite far from my apartment. I ended up buying a shirt from Old Navy for the walk home, at this point not caring what matched and what didnt. I was looking nicely disheveled, wearing green pants, a black tank, and a long sleeve yellow shirt over it. So of course what only happens to Laura when she doesnt want it to? I meet some neighbors, some handsome neighbors- just as I enter the building. Nevermind all the times Ive gotten dressed up to go out or even just blowdryed my hair, nope this was obviously the best time to be introduced. The kicker? When I got into my apartment and saw that the old navy size sticker, you know those long clear ones...yep, nicely still attached to my shirt. Priceless.

Meanwhile...Ive been trying to ween myself off of the idea that my NYC now LA guy was just "it" for me. Unfortunately for someone who doesn't really fall in love that often, I know he was it. After a week with only one brief email from him, I tried to tell myself that he will obviously move on and that I cant compete with LA, or LA girls for that matter. I tried to focus on other things, other things that didnt relate to him. This of course is hard when many of my first memories of living here are all with him. My whole neighborhood is like a scrapbook of our time together. Every restaurant, every street, everything, even my room...its weird. So anyways, I was trying to force myself to forget about him...and then it happened. He calls, and we talk for a while, and he is every bit as wonderful as I always knew he was, and he's telling me things that are going on there, and I hear his words, but in my head I am thinking--oh my God, I love you. Its just playing over and over in my head. Yea so isnt that fantastic? Shoot me.

The thing that sucks is that I wasnt looking for anything at all when I came here and the idea of actually not being attached was exciting in such an amazing city. That all changed the moment I met him, and now I see it all in a different light. I see how things are, and Im happy, but now Ive been exposed to this "ultra-happiness" like when he was here, and nothing compares. The city sparkles a little less without him and theres not much I can do about it. I know all this crap happens for a reason, I just hope this reason presents itself soon.

Meanwhile, if you feel like providing me with a nice distraction, I will take a night out with any of the following:
Jason Lee
Hugh Grant
Christian Bale
Raoul Bova
Chris Carrabba

No comments: