Saturday, October 23, 2004

Great Show

So yesterday I managed to score 2 tickets to the sold out Death Cab for Cutie concert at the Roseland ballroom. Wow, what a great show. I have to admit I was not a hardcore fan before entering, only knowing a few songs thanks to my sister Leah, but I definitely feel like a true fan now. Benjamin Gibbard's voice transcends you into this state of sublime serenity. They sounded great live. I would have liked to get a closer look, but the place was packed with people, most of whom I am older than by at least 4 years. There was quite a mix of characters there though, and oh, someone has got to tell these young boys that making your hair look like you showered with pennzoil and then slapping a hood on it - will definitely not get the ladies, except the nasties.

It's amazing too how much older these younger kids look. I saw this one guy that I thought was cute and pointed him out to my roommate, where she responded with, "Laura, he's like 16".....ouch. Have I now entered the phase of life in which I could be "too old" for someone? Apparently so. Yuck.

All in all it was a cool night though. Paul Scheer was hanging out next to us enjoying the show. You might remember him as one of the panelists on VH1's "Best Week Ever". He's the one with the space between his teeth. Seemed like a cool guy and managed to hook it up with a lady friend quite quickly. Impressive.

Well its a gorgeous Saturday here in NYC and if I want to make it out to the Washington Square Festival today, then my ass has to start studying.

Hope youre having a terrif weekend.

No comments: