Tuesday, October 12, 2004

No turning back now...

Well this morning I woke up to some weird noise, something I hadn't heard before coming from my room. The heat kicked on for the first time. Being from Florida the "heat" button on the thermostat is one that is rarely pushed if ever. Now of course we dont have a thermostat since I live in a 100+ year old apartment, so Im not really sure what it takes to turn on the heat, but after looking at the next weeks worth of forecasts I am guessing I wont be using the A/C again for a looong time. Looks like its time for me to purchase the winter necessities...only one problem, Im not really sure what they are. Everyone seems to have a different opinion of what I need. One person tells me that longjohns are a necessity, the other says they are a waste. So I guess it will be trial and error.
Here is my list of a few events that I look forward to and dread for this winter:

Looking forward to...
  1. Skating in Rockefeller Center
  2. Laying in my bed watching the snow fall outside my window
  3. Hot Chocolate (finally I have something to buy at Starbucks!)
  4. Going home for family time
  5. Snuggle time with __________ (most likely my stuffed animal)
  6. Wearing coats and sweaters purchased years ago in hopes I would one day use them

Dreading...

  1. Static Electricity
  2. The fact that I have no tread on pretty much any footwear that I own
  3. Looking like a doughball in whatever cold weather ensemble I put on
  4. Getting into the habit of talking myself out of shaving my legs ("well its not like anyone will be touching your legs anyways..."
  5. and of course, everyones favorite, the "winter weight gain" I have heard oh so much about, yay!

ps- Im looking for some good walking shoes, like pumas, asics,roos, etc....but here's the catch- I dont want to have to sell a major organ to get the money to pay for them. Anyone know of any good places? Grazi in advance.

No comments: