Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Seriously?

So on Monday night I am flipping through the channels when I come upon Victoria Beckham's new reality show on NBC. Since this summer has sucked as far as TV goes, I figured I would give it a whirl...I mean it was either this or yet another SVU rerun.

As far as reality shows go, it doesn't disappoint. It is entertaining, humorous in the "wow, is this for real?" way, and definitely fills that mindless show void that I've had since The Hills.

Now here is what I don't get. there is an article today on CNN.com about how critics are slamming the show and calling it "an orgy of self indulgence". Umm, are they aware that this is a reality show? Since when are shows of this caliber praised by critics? Do "The Bachelor" or other similar shows get slammed for this crap as well? Of course its self indulgence, its her own reality show...what rocket scientist came up with that criticism?

So its not oozing with brilliance, but I think people kind of expect that from a show like this. Is it entertaining, yes indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This show was laugh out loud funny! I would absolutely watch more episodes if they made them. You have good points that no one gets this way about shows like "The Bachelor" - which really aren't that different.

teahouse said...

Wow..I didn't even realize she had a reality show! I did see some headline online yesterday about how it's so bad that nobody's watching it. But I do feel bad for her. She seems like a nice enough lady.