Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Are we about to get it on?

Having trouble finding a nice, attractive guy in NYC (or anywhere for that matter) is not breaking news, but you would think that in such a large city, with so many people, your chances would be slightly better. Well, maybe statistically, but in virtually every othere way I would have to say no. Actually, since I've moved to the city, I've dated the least that I ever have. However, I've also been the most successful I have ever been in my career. Is it a trade-off? Nah, I don't believe that. Sure it can hurt your chances not having enough time or money to mingle as much as you'd like, but you can still make it out once in a while.

I was talking to my roommate about this dilemma and she basically said that she has no shame anymore. If she sees a guy that she could be interested in, she finds a way to talk to them. That might be what is wrong with my approach...perhaps the fact that I don't have one. I mean I've tested the theory and the last two guys I made the first move with were also my last two boyfriends.

Anyhow, Im pretty much at the stage where, Im not looking for a husband, Im not looking for a boyfriend, Im just looking for a date to my sister's wedding in March. It's kinda funny how our standards as far as what we are ready for can lower dramatically due to the reality of actually getting it. I couldn't help but laugh when a friend said that at this point (shes in here late 30's) she is just looking for a guy that won't beat her. Haha. I shouldn't laugh, but its just a true sign of how hard it can be to meet someone here.

If you've seen an episode or two of The Starter Wife, you probably saw the scene where Debra Messing is saying all she really wants right now is a really great kiss. I know exactly what she means. Perhaps after that first kiss, we can move on to what I really want.....a crawl on the table, toss your hair, whitesnake video kiss. A little something like this...such a great scene. Every girl needs a kiss like this at least once in their lives. In my case, Im not sure that talking about driving in a Nascar event would do it, but you never know.


1 comment:

JUST ME said...

i don't think good, cute, normal men live here.


Just freaks.