Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Just when you thought you heard the last of me....

...I'm back.

Well I am still getting hits on this site everyday so that means I either have loyal readers awaiting my return or people googling for random shit that sends them my way.

Well it has been a hell of a long time to leave you post-less but a lot has changed in these past two months. Here's the rundown:

-Spent a lovely month in Florida in August soaking up some great family time and relaxing after a busy summer.

-Over the summer I took a course on magazines & newspapers and our final project was to develop a business plan for a new mag and pitch it to our teacher (the publisher of Smart Money Magazine). Well I pitched a new concept for a golf magazine and my teacher really took to it. So much so that we are in the process of setting up a meeting with the publisher of Golf Digest. There's no telling where this could go, but I've got my fingers crossed.

-Interviewed and was hired for my second internship with NBC, this time working in Olympic Operations. The Olympics offices are located in Stamford, CT- so it is a bitch and a half to get to work everyday, but they pay my transportation and I figured it would be worth it to be just involved in the upcoming games.

-Well it definitely was worth it. About 4 weeks into my internship my boss, the Director of Operations, offered me a positions as an Ops. Asst. during the games in Italy this winter. This would put me living in Italy working for the Olympics for 2 months. So of course a billion things needed to be answered first. I was planning on walking in May and graduating in August and now I had to make sure how to make this all work out. Long story short it is all working out and I leave for Italy on January 8th. It still has not completely hit me yet.

-On the school front, I was registered for a Sports Marketing class this semester that got moved to another campus at the last minute, so I reluctantly signed up for a class called "The Marketing of Creativity"- no professor listed. This of course is normally a deathtrap, but imagine my surprise when I walk into the first class and find that Joseph Abboud (famous fashion designer) is my professor. Talk about an interesting class. I already read his book and thought it was really great. It's not some fashionista course, although now the class is booked with buyers and designer wannabes. Joseph is actually extremely bright and insightful and its crazy to hear him talk about working with Ralph Lauren, Armani, and the lot of them like its no big thing. If you are so inclined, his book is titled "Threads" and has this girl's recommendation.


Well I think that just about sums it up for now. I'll hopefully keep up the writing thing so don't give up on me just yet.

Kisses.

No comments: