Saturday, July 30, 2005

Well I finally got to let it out

Ever since I moved here I have noticed many things about the differences between bars/clubs here and bars/clubs in Florida- the main thing being: hardly anyone dances. We can be at a really cool bar and they are playing awesome music and people will just sit there like its no big thing. Meanwhile I am dying to dance, but no one is dancing. Sure, there have been some places where there is "dancing", but its the "I don't really want to dance I am just kind of standing here moving around" type of thing.

What I want is the get down, hair in your face, so hot you're sweating, dancing. You know, the kind that you can feel the after affects in your legs for days after. Well, I am happy to say that last night I found that place and almost one year of built up non-dancing frustration was unleashed on all those there. Oh yea.

The place was Aubar on E. 58th. Let me tell you that DJ was amazing last night. EVERYONE was dancing their asses off and the music and atmosphere were fantastic. If you live in NYC and you haven't been there and enjoy getting down, I highly recommend it. My normal selection of places to frequent isn't normally this kind of place because it has a "strict & selective" door policy where the guy choosing to let you in is the wearing sunglasses at night type- but it is well worth it for the dancing.

This week is going to fly by and I couldn't be happier about that. I have a final on Monday, a major presentation on Tuesday, and an interview with NBC Sports & Olympics on Wednesday. The best part is that on Thursday I fly home to Florida for a month before school starts again. I will miss you new york, but I have got to have some family, pooch, and beach time. See you on the flip side.

No comments: